I would honestly die if I did not have quiet times with God. I don’t mean this to sound religious but amidst the exhaustion of mothering a really cute yet clingy baby girl and having sickness in my body and others around, and work and family dinners and other engagements to completely busy and stress my life (and laundry and dishes and cooking, etc. etc.) I really really need and find refreshment and restoration from spending time talking with God and reading the Bible. Life all seems to suck when you’re rushing and working every single hour of the day. Sometimes we are doing too much and it is so important just to stop, “to cease striving” and to see the great and good things God has done in our lives.
This is what I’m thankful for today:
1. NO RAIN!
2. Despite baby not being on schedule, she is taking a solid 3 hour nap.
3. I found Kevin’s license (it’s been missing for over a week!). Feels good to clean.
4. I am determined to go for a run after not doing any exercise in awhile.
5. Purposeful errands the morning.
6. Wholefoods did not have what I wanted. I wanted O’Soy yogurt which is on killer sale and in trying to save money, I am trying to buy as many as I can. I don’t really have room for all the yogurt in my fridge, so praise God they didn’t have O’Soy because I got a raincheck instead. My fridge has room for that!
7. God promises never to give us more than we can bear. I can handle the dusty floor and dirty dishes. I may not like it, but I can handle that Maddie loves to touch the trashcan. Praise the Lord for this.